Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Junko TsukikoToday at 5:07 pmJunko TsukikoThe Winter's BluesToday at 2:38 pmSakaizaRelic HuntingToday at 1:27 pmTenJust Before The Destruction at Darkside Today at 12:02 pmHasumi HayatoThe Night Before The Destruction of DarksideToday at 11:55 amIsamu HayatoHomecoming [Village Entry]Today at 11:26 amSakaizaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 7:40 amSakaiza7 Days and 7 Nights Demon's FruitionToday at 7:01 amSakaizaA new home [Village Entry]Today at 6:57 amSakaizaProfessional AdviceToday at 6:41 amSakaiza
Top posting users this month
65 Posts - 18%
64 Posts - 18%
53 Posts - 15%
37 Posts - 10%
36 Posts - 10%
35 Posts - 10%
20 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 5%
16 Posts - 4%
14 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Lucien Chasseur
Lucien Chasseur
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 4600

Scent of the Beast [P,NK,IO]  Empty Scent of the Beast [P,NK,IO]

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:42 am
Lucien was ready for another day of training after Atem had showed up for the past few days. He felt it was about time to show the true power of the clan. “I still feel as if he hasn’t been to the official village somehow which is strange as all members of the Chasseurs tend to live there. In fact, I’ve never even heard of a ninja from our clan that hasn’t at least seen the village by now. Well…. Granted that I lived there, I guess that explains that.”

Lucien, getting out of bed, still in the same clothes that he had when he entered Hoshi, noticed that he should probably get a change of clothes. “Not right now though… I have another objective on my list for today. Besides, I’ll be just in my backyard for the duration of this training session.” Lucien got ready and switched into his combat sandals that he normally wore when outside the house. Now already outside, Lucien knelt down in a type of plank position with his arms holding himself off the ground along with his feet. In his mind, he thought. “I wish to excel past my former members of my clan and show them just how meant for this world I was and am. For that… I’ll need the most difficult to attain skill that for most of my life existed as merely a rumor of sorts. The thing that the great elder told me was named discerning bloodhound, essentially a very powerful sense of smell far beyond what even most of us have. Of course… this isn’t honestly forbidden from the rest of the clan. It’s just that most don’t attempt it as they don’t see it as being humanly possible. Foolish, they are for that. Afterall, this is two clans merged. Now… My training begins.”

Lucien moved his face towards the grass and started breathing inwards through his nose gently just to take in the surrounding area. This is where his mental map of all the smells activated. Common to the clan, each chasseur was capable of seeing this sort of smell grid. Effectively, this would guide them when detecting scents and other things alike. Lucien, via smell, surveyed the area and came up with a general idea. It was outside as there were smells of grass and left over water likely from rain etc. Though these inferences were basic, they were made by his own ability. “Now I need to increase the level at which I practice….” Lucien said already grabbing a rock from the side of his backyard at the speed of 18. “Very good… I’ve never smelled a rock before.” He placed it in front of himself and oddly enough, the rock didn’t carry much of a scent to him. However, the dirty water that was partly along it surely did. The pattern at which it hit his nose alerted him to it being a rock as it held the formation of a rock in terms of smell density. He then spent the better half of a few or thirty minutes breathing in all the rocks around his area until he found something strange that he hadn’t noticed before.

“So there’s a rock with metal deposits in it as well?” Lucien, noticing using his vision this time. In that case, I must develop the scent of metal and get to know it better. Lucien moved closer to the rock and began absorbing what he’d like to define as the scent ID of sorts. After some time, this metal became familiar to him as well. It seemed of copper, so then, this became the ID tag for copper to his mind. “If I want to train more of these metals and what not, it would be best to return to my home. In there, I can find tons of very materials to tell apart.” As he suggested, he did. Lucien sprang back into his home where he would move about the kitchen checking all forks, knives, his kunais, the kitchen appliances etc. Each time this was done, he could feel his ability to tell things apart getting greater and greater. But on top of that, he could feel that his maximum range of smelling things was increasing each and every time he attempted. “Now let us move onto something that is much stranger to me. Paper…” Lucien moved about upstairs until finding pieces of paper and scrolls in some leftover draws from whoever lived here before. “Paper has a unique scent ID, one that I don’t really prefer but it is very noticeable funnily enough.” Scrambling through all the upstairs materials, he also learned the smell of rust within some time and the smell of various gases, most notably being his dirty room. The Chasseur nose never really let smells hit the background like most humans do once they are exposed to them for so long. “I really should clean this more often shouldn’t I. Well, not at the moment. Onwards.” Lucien, getting a bit crazy here, decided to draw a kunai from his pocket at the speed of 18 and partially cut his wrist just enough to have small drops of blood emerge (left wrist) “So the scent of blood, one of the worst but best ones there are depending on the context that is.” The scent of blood to a chasseur was something that could only be described as fate in a gucky liquid form of sorts. It wasn’t pleasurable to taste in the mouth either.

He was nearly about half way there on his journey of learning what everything in his entire house and around the perimeter smelled like. Each time an attempt would go, his range of smell would increase too. All in all, the situation was a win, win. But Lucien wondered why no other clansmen did it before. It wasn’t that difficult and nor was it that time taking. Had they really become that paranoid of foreign ninjas attacking to the point they didn’t even think to train more. Who knows. Lucien bandaged himself and got back outside to continue his training where he would be able to now pinpoint the smells of the water. Not enough to dodge raindrops but to effectively smell any incoming rain or water based attacks if they held a new scent. Before getting to this training, he noticed that nearby, someone was cooking outside as he could smell the gases, the scent of fire and burning. “Interesting, this one is very new now too…. I will absorb it all like the rest. In the end, this will help me prove myself worthy to be in the ANBU of Hoshi where likely Atem and I will complete the most stealth operations that this world has ever seen.

Lucien continued his training now trying to be able to pinpoint the position of the food which was easy. But most importantly, what was he cooking? This was difficult as only the smell of meat saturated blood was in the air for him so that’s all he could distinguish. Hmm… that’s enough there then. Being about a few hours into the training, he decided to step it up a notch, laying out all the metals he had within his house in front of him. “Now I need to discern them all with relative ease for this technique to not be a failure. As failing isn’t part of my agenda.” Lucien closed his eyes and relied entirely upon his ability to smell things nearby. “I see.” He picked each item and put them in a different location, the location he knew they all belonged to. In the end, when he opened his eyes. He was correct. “I suppose I should give the gases more attention now as well. But ninjas best not think that just because I can’t notice a very specialized gas made to kill even me, I will die from it. It was also the absence of things that makes a situation very strange.” Lucien walked outside and around breathing in all of the various fumes, someone has surely farted in their house or something of that nature. Old people were being old. Houses has a nice scent of rain all over them so it surely rained in the night. The time of day was bright and sunny, early morning before everyone was generally up it seemed.
Lucien, was already on the move to his next goal center back at home. He would learn to smell of house gases by heading into his basement where many gas lines and other things would be. Luckily, they weren’t exposed or anything but they were present and likely had at least the slightest crack within it so he could still detect the smells. He walked down his stairs and into the never finished basement and took a clean whiff. It smelled of a large collection of dust, some old blood somewhere, and lots of rust. “Well then… I guess I should take caution since I’ve never been down here before.” Quickly, he activated his perfected prey stalking technique and could see clearly in the darkness of his basement. “Ahh night vision, never does it fail us.” Lucien moved about downstairs until being close to a heater of some sorts. He stepped closer and began breathing it in. Surely, it smelled of gases and many metals, in fact, even some gold was lingering around this area. “Gold would be fun if I could trade it in for Ryo, too bad I can’t really mine it off appliances anyway.” Lucien said jokingly as he moved around the heater and continued farther into the area of the basement. Looking around, he could tell more of the environment from smell alone. It was old, and he was now moving to the positon of the old blood from previously. It was a stain in the corner of the floor. “Hmm, strange. Wonder what could have happened here. If there was a person nearby, I would have smelled the scent of saliva or the carbon dioxide they release disturbing the densities of the nearby gases. Well then, I’m safe.” Lucien was pleased to see that his new found ability had many applications to be used for in standard life. After all, what would a near forbidden technique not be capable of doing. “This shall solidify my position as one of importances. But I musn’t let anyone take this power from me. I’ve heard tales of it from the village. People capable of stealing your clan’s power and gifting it to themselves. Creepy to think of that, but if I or Atem were to die, it’d be a problem for Hoshi, and a problem for the world. An adversary with this level of hunting skill is simply not an option. In that case. I must remain on my guard at all times. And… so must he.”

Lucien could smell things from upstairs even from here since he still left the door open. Hmm, quite interesting. Using his discerning smelling, he could also tell that he left the water at the sink on by mistake. “Oops.” He said moving back up the stairs and to the kitchen at the speed of 18 already having his hand on the faucet now and turning it off. Lucien now was ready to dress himself in something interesting, that would sorta allow himself to hide himself from even a member of his own clan.

“If I were to say, cover myself in dirt and grass along with water from a pond and lie down and remain completely silent without breathing much nor opening my mouth, I should be able to remain stealth from a person of my clan granted the things on me match the actual location that I’m in. But then again, I don’t doubt Atem, he’ll find a way to regardless.” Now outside, Lucien was relaxing when he could smell the smell of water mixed with the muck of hair, uncleaned hair, and he heard laughter. “Probably some kids playing around.” He thought to himself. Then the most important moment happened, a rock flew into his backyard that was aiming for him. It was moving from behind him. “A rock? I can sense this… It must be the constant gases it’s slowly giving off along with the displacing of the density of the nearby air smell. I see..” Lucien, already aware of its path stepped a few inchs to the left and dodged it. Being a nice guy, he passed it back making sure it didn’t hit anyone. “Mission accomplished.” 

[Exit]
WC: 2100
Claiming Discerning Bloodhound
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Scent of the Beast [P,NK,IO]  Empty Re: Scent of the Beast [P,NK,IO]

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:45 am

You can also claim ten stats <3
Lucien Chasseur
Lucien Chasseur
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 4600

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 am
When Aki IRL has FTG 
+ 10 Stats Also
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:56 am

*giggles* Nah, I don't intrude on Ganki's turf.

Approved <3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum