Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Homecoming [Village Entry]Today at 9:08 pmTravin Kaguya7 Days and 7 Nights Demon's FruitionToday at 8:22 pmAzuki ShinodaThe Secrets of Death [P]Today at 7:40 pmAshbornThe Cut OffToday at 3:49 pmZokuroA Raven, A Fish, and a FistToday at 2:59 pmShikami ShinkouThe UnhallowedToday at 2:50 pmAzuki ShinodaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 2:08 pmAmikiri GuhinNever Too LateToday at 8:37 amAkki SenjuThe Winter's BluesToday at 8:32 amSakaizaBlunt TonfaToday at 7:34 amSakaiza
Top posting users this month
64 Posts - 19%
58 Posts - 17%
51 Posts - 15%
37 Posts - 11%
35 Posts - 10%
26 Posts - 8%
19 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 6%
16 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 850

I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki) Empty I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki)

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:56 pm
It was a beautiful day in Shima today and it had a perfect breeze to go along with it. Sanada was excited to play a game of strategy. It had only been a day since their journey in the caves and that had a very exciting end to say the least. He was glad that he got to meet another ninja that enjoyed cutting loose and just being free, even if it was slightly more work than he had expected.

As he set the board up for the game that would ensue he almost forgot the drinks and chips just in case someone got the need to eat and drink. Naoki should be arriving soon and after a little talk they would more than likely begin.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 60063

I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki) Empty Re: I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki)

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:26 am
As agreed yesterday, Naoki and Sanada would have a game of shogi today. Walking out his doors the Jounin would note the nice weather, not too different from yesterday's and probably the whole week if not more before that. The sky was marked with small clouds here and there, the sun shone open, lighting the islands that made up the village, light breeze making the heat a pleasurable warm, small waves giving the feel of tranquility to the sound of village surrounded by sea. Today, like any other day, Naoki wore his usual black shirt with dark blue flora patterns, and some dark pants. Turning after locking he door behind him would reveal an addition to his looks - in his left hand the man would be holding two book, one of them a small notebook, the other two, one of them actually being an instruction manual and the other a thesis on theoretical Fuuinjutsu. The last one was something he has waited for some time ago and only picked up from the post office yesterday after the adventure in the caves.

The Uchiha probably would have loved to just spend his day on the paper, as he already had a few ideas for implications, that nobody else in the world probably has thought of yet. But they had agreed on that game and it was not his style to go back on his word on something like this. Lucky for him, Sanada was the host, so he could leave the preparation for the guy. More over, a game of shogi is somewhat a slow process that could take up to a couple hours and Naoki hoped to find time to look at the papers while playing. He did have a sharp mind after all. Making his way to the spot, Naoki would arrive there in a few moments, appearing in a blur of motion. Being fast had its perks. Raising the right hand he would greet Sanada. "Hey there, how are you?"
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki) Empty Re: I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki)

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm
The day had turned into a beautiful creation by the heavens. There was nothing out of place in his area that drew away from the simple beauty of the Shogi board. The board had already been set up for when Naoki arrived they could begin immediately. He had a side tray next to the table the board was set on that had varying drinks adorning it, from his favorite beer to a few select wines and a fresh brewed pitcher of tea just in case. Sanada had wen through great lengths to prepare this occasion, he didn't want anything distracting the game or either of them having to get up for any reason.

As he sat waiting for his new friend to come he thought of varying strategies he could use in the match, it had been so long since he had played that he began to question his competence in suggesting it in the first place. It was however too late to change his mind now and switch games, Naoki would be here any moment he would just have to hope his understanding of the game hadn't passed on from him. Sanada had decided to be less formal for once leaving his tie off this time and refusing to button up his vest he still looked classy but with a more relaxed vibe.

It was only moments after he had started smoking a cigarette that Naoki arrived in a quick manner simply appearing from no where which seemed to be how this man liked to travel. Standing up from the opposite side of the table he was on he would reach over and extend his hand for a fand shake while gretting Naoki back "Hey, I'm glad you could make it, I hope you didn't have any trouble finding me".

If the man accepted the hand shake he would smile and shake before sitting back into his chair pointing to the free chair in front of him on the opposite side of the table in a offering manner. He would allow the man to get comfortable and before offering him a drink and starting this game of wits.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 am
"Would not miss this." He would accept the hand shake with an honest smile. It was true though, he was quite looking forward to this. It was a long time since he had last played the game as his work of learning every bit about Fuuinjutsu took the most of his time recently. But back in the day he was pretty good at it, hopefully that skill was still in there somewhere. Taking the seat, the Uchiha would note the table with all the nice bits, he would recognize and feel nothing but appreciation to the work and trouble Sanada has put into this. The man could only hope to make the game worth all of this.

Putting the books at the side of the table Naoki would look over the board. Yeah, it was nostalgic. The board was 9 x 9, each army taking up three rows on their side and three rows empty between them. First row would be all pawns, the second would only have two figures: bishop and rook - the two most powerful figures, because of their ability to cross the entire board in one turn. Both of them would stand on the squares next to the far side ones. The last row was the most interesting and was actually the main force. In the very middle of it - the king. At his sides the golden generals, next to them - silver generals, then two knights and at the very far edges were lances, in Naoki's opinion the most useless figures. Sanada being the host, he would begin the match, making the first move, taking the pawn near his bishop in 7g to 7f, opening a way for his bishop. With that his turn was over and he would wait for Sanada to do his.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:37 pm
Naoki didn't disappoint, he shook Sanada's hand before sitting down with his books in tow looking over everything that had been placed. Sanada saw almost a look of nostalgia in the mans eyes, he must have been very good at the game before he stopped playing for whatever reasons. Sanada took a sip of his sweet tea as he watched Naoki make the first move to start the game.

It was a quick but very decisive move that would set the tone of the game right away. Shogi was similar to a game he had heard of called chess only by certain standards, after promotions took effect in the game it took on a completely different type of game. Naoki had opened up passage to his bishop on of the trickier pieces to master in this game. It was Sanada's turn he smiled and moved pawn 3c to 3d. "Well let the game begin" he would say smiling "and please feel free to help yourself to refreshments"
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:25 am
Without much of a wait, Sanada made his move. A wait was not really to be expected this early in the game as everyone pretty much knew their starts and there would not be much to react, when only one figure has been moved to far. The Chuunin's move was a mirror to Naoki's own, as he would too open a passage for his bishop. The two sniper pieces would now be in a single line of fire, each capable of striking the other. As was said, helping himself to some snacks the Jounin would weigh his couple of options. The first was to take this chance and capture Sanada's bishop, adding it to his hand. The second was a defensive option to bring another figure to protect, and strike if Sanada were to capture his bishop. It was a fairly senseless move as it would halt his advance giving away his initiative. There was also an option to move another pawn forward, shielding his own bishop, but the pawn would be unprotected and an easy pray for Sanada's piece.

Well, Naoki was not a man of overthinking when it came to Shogi. He would see a simple situation and take the chance. Picking up his bishop he would replace Sanada's bishop with it, while also turning it over, showing a new red symbol on the piece, indicating a promotion. Taking the hand back, he would put the captured bishop by the board on the table, then reach for more snacks. This new move should not take long.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm
Sanada watched as Naoki spent a little time thinking over his next move. It was true that Sanada had made the exact same move the he did, it was to hopefully get the man to play defensively, allowing Sanada to be a little more haphazard with his moves and take the pace of the game. However after only moments Naoki did the exact opposite and proved he could not be read so easily and the best defense was a good offense. Sanda watched the mans hand move, in his head he was thinking that the man would move another pawn to play the offering. He was sadly mistaken when Naoki moved his bishop and overtook Sanda's own taking it off the board and flipping his piece over to reveal that it had been promoted. All Sanada could do was smile, this man truly was intriguing and had given the defensive position back to him.

It really only gave Sanada one option, that he thought would be worth taking thoughit left him in a less than usable state. He moved his rook over to the location of Naoki's piece taking it and placing it on his side board, he now was falling into Naoki's pace after only two moves all because he misread what the man would do in that situation. Leaning back in his chair he waited to see what would happen next.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm
Throwing a chip in his mouth, the Uchiha would observe as Sanada moved his rook to capture Naoki's bishop. It was only obvious to do so, although honestly the man was expecting to see the silver used, rather than rook. Oh well, now to find a way to exploit this. Taking another chip Naoki would look over that part of the board. Hmm, he saw a couple things he could do right there. Most importantly, the door was left open, only the priest was now replaced by a tower. Well, time to see how good his opponent was. Picking up the captured bishop he would put it behind his moved pawn, at 7g. With that his move was finished and the man would reach for more snacks.

In the mean time, he was passively throwing some idea back and forth in his mind. So far he did not have something concrete, but he felt like having a breakthrough any second now. Maybe if a complex move happens soon, he would get a chance to write some of it down.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:29 pm
(Sorry about taking so long ;-;)

Sanada was watching Naoki carefully to see if his mannerisms changed when he had gotten a idea in his head. Nothing however changed in his features, he kept his poker face genuine as if every move was just nothing and it was easily done. It only took him a few moments to decided to bring the captured piece back to the field behind his pawn again. It gave him the same moving room he had before and it also placed Sanada's pawn back in harms way.

Sanada weighed his moves carefully, if he left his rook where it was it would leave it completely vulnerable to capture. If he moved a pawn forward sure it would halt it's advance but still not give him any way of capturing the piece. If the rook was moved it would leave his back lance completely unguarded as the knight would not be able to respond. He would have to play defensively for now and see how this works. His hand moved towards his rook again moving it from b2 to b1, to cover his bases just in case that was what Naoki was thinking. He needed to find a way to take the charge back, play defense was no fun at all.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm
This time there was a pause, there were a few scenarios that Sanada had to play out in his mind if he wanted to make a good move this turn. The time Naoki would spend by analyzing the paper he brought with him. It spoke of theoretical ways for seals to bind chakra to an inanimate object, yet keeping the chakra in a condition that is normally observed in living things. It was all mighty theoretical, but if what was written here was true, it could open up a window into a completely new subcategory for Fuuinjutsu. That involved controlling puppets without chakra strings, containing living people inside objects, binding others to your will. There was a wide array of fancy possibilities, but truly a lot of work to make it happen.

Delving on it for a bit, Naoki would turn the attention back to the board, as he noticed Sanada's movement when me re-positioned his rook. Taking a moment to look at the new layout he would smile. Yes, that was a good way to counter this - the rook was out of the harm's way and the lance was protected, trading a bishop for a lance would be a bad deal. Simply put, there was nothing he could do on that front at the moment. So, since the initiative was still on his side, maybe it was time to push the other fronts. His eyes would once more run through the board until it stopped on a pawn before his own rook. He would move this pawn forward, from G2 to F2. It was nothing glorious, but it was a building block he could use later.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum