Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Homecoming [Village Entry]Today at 9:08 pmTravin Kaguya7 Days and 7 Nights Demon's FruitionToday at 8:22 pmAzuki ShinodaThe Secrets of Death [P]Today at 7:40 pmAshbornThe Cut OffToday at 3:49 pmZokuroA Raven, A Fish, and a FistToday at 2:59 pmShikami ShinkouThe UnhallowedToday at 2:50 pmAzuki ShinodaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 2:08 pmAmikiri GuhinNever Too LateToday at 8:37 amAkki SenjuThe Winter's BluesToday at 8:32 amSakaizaBlunt TonfaToday at 7:34 amSakaiza
Top posting users this month
64 Posts - 19%
58 Posts - 17%
51 Posts - 15%
37 Posts - 11%
35 Posts - 10%
26 Posts - 8%
19 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 6%
16 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 850

I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki) - Page 2 Empty Re: I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki)

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm
It seemed as if him playing on the defensive side actually had bought him some time to think more clearly. He knew exactly what he wanted to do now and it would take one more pawn move before he could use it to his advantage. Sanada's next move would be very quick as he didn't need much time to think about it. He would move his pawn fom c2 to d2, it would look like he was merely meeting Naoki's pawn in a open conflict but that's not what he had in mind.

While waiting he figrured it was best to use his chakra sense's to get a better handle on them and also so he could see if anything changed with Naoki's own chakra. "I hope you don't mind if I focus on your chakra for a while just to help myself" he would say politely before taking another sip of his tea. He would feel wrong if he did it without permission.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 60063

I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki) - Page 2 Empty Re: I would like to play a game (P, IO, Sanada,Naoki)

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 pm
The next move was quick, Sanada did not give him time for anything. Then again, this was starting to get interesting. The man clearly had some degree of mindfulness, as proved by him successfully getting out of the previous situation, the question was what would he do this time. Raising his eyes to meet Sanada's Naoki would listen to the man's word. Then he would lean back, going all 'I caught you' theme. "Cheating huh? Well, in that case..." He would sit normally again, but there would now be a glimmer in his eyes as they were now red with three additional pupils appearing as tomoes. He would see if the man's body would give away any clues. But for now, he would make his turn. It would be a simple one as well, the same pawn would go one step further and meet Sanada's pawn at E2. From now the man would have to be careful with what moves he makes, as their front lines finally clashed. Grabbing a handful of chips, Naoki would sit back and let his eyes gather information as he slowly put the snacks in his mouth.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm
It was becoming interesting, very interesting Sanada moved his hand up to his head and ruffled his hair a little as he contemplated his moves that he could make, taking the pawn would give Noaki free rein over his pieces in two locations. Also playing it safe might or might not buy him time in this. The move that he wanted to make had been delayed as he forgot to take into account another piece on the field. This indeed had become a contested area in only a few moves, looking over the board once more Sanada decided he would not back down from this side of the board but rather see where things went.

Picking up another pawn he moved c1 to d1 letting out a slight sigh as he moved in his chair trying to plan a strategy that didn't mean him losing so many pieces in the process. That rook in the back was truly becoming a bane to Sanada but for right now it wasn't moving..yet.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:17 pm
There were details he could see, things he would notice. It seemed they were on a breaking point, Naoki was actively pushing, using any chance he gets to seize as much control over the board as possible and one of them will soon make a mistake. If it were Sanada, then it will cost him dearly and put Naoki one step closer to victory. If it were Naoki, then he will probably lose his advantage and initiative. Whatever it will be, now was not the time for such thoughts as Sanada made his move.

It was a pretty useless move in Naoki's opinion. In Shogi pawns could attack only whatever was right in front of them, bringing a pawn from the side helps nothing, only provides a possible target. True, with the pawn moved, the rook could now move without sacrificing the lance, but...
Looking over his couple options here Naoki would not waste much time, he would press on. Moving his pawn from E2 he would capture the position and the pawn at D2.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 pm
Naoki was not a man to sacrifice an opening if he saw it and indeed he did press foward again causing Sanada to lose another pawn. He was playing a little more recklessly than he had wanted but he wasn't getting anywhere as Naoki had successfully locked his pieces into staying in one place. Sure he could start the front on the other side of the board, but dividing himself among the board wasn't what he wanted to do.

Thinking about it a little more he still went defensive bringing the bishop back and placing him on b3. "You sure don't like to give an inch" he would say towards the man while trying to read him looking into those red eyes.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:11 pm
"Nope" He would reply with a smirk. Sanada would probably not admit it, but he was trying to plug a hole in his ship's hull, that could not be plugged this easily. At this point Naoki expected the game to go onto rails as they say, or in full gear, not sure. The Chuunin put his captured bishop from his hand onto the field, two squares away from his rook in front of his silver. It was obviously meant to halt Naoki's advance by putting the pawn in a line of fire and making his risk losing a figure. However, it was either that the boy did not expect the Uchiha to not mind risking pawns, or he did not account for promotion. Or maybe both. So without further talks the Jounin would slide his pawn one square forward to C2. At the end of his move he would flip the piece, showing a new symbol indicating a promoted piece. Now Sanada truly had an enemy at the gates.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:41 pm
Sanada was playing like a trapped king in his castle, shooing away attackers at the walls but never actually going out into the battle. It seemed Naoki was better at this game than he was, which disappointing him and gave him pleasure at the same time. Life was all about learning and adapting and Sanada wouldn't be able to slack in this game as he had to continue to baton down the hatches as to say.

Having a pawn that could move a square in every direction would be very troublesome and he had to deal with it or risk losing his formation entirely. He knew he had given himself no other option as soon as he moved his bishop to take over the pawn. Now came the next few moves that would equally spell some form of destruction to his line of defense as now Naoki's rook had free reign over his pieces. Yet he would still play on there was still a chance that he would come back he just needed to find a way to shift this weight to the other side.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 pm
Nervous? Uncomfortable? Trapped? Naoki was not sure, although he could certainly see one or two details of his opponent feeling the heat. After a bit of time the man would do exactly what Naoki expected, he took the pawn with his bishop, the threat of a promoted pawn, which was equal to a golden general in power, could not be tolerated at such distance with his two more powerful pieces targeted. So, instead of trying to save one, or giving Naoki the chance to do anything with it, he would cut down this threat. Unfortunately that meant sacrificing his bishop, as the Jounin did not leave the pawn unguarded. With a swift movement, without really looking or considering anything (everything was already considered before as this move was foreseen) he would move his rook from across the board and capture Sanada's bishop, then flipping the rook into what they call a dragon king. And what he planned to do with it was obviously burn everything down.
Sanada
Sanada
Citizen

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm
It was a obvious play and Sanada knew it was coming the moment his bishop had left his fingers. Naoki reacted in swift precision and took his bishop from him again. Sanada had failed to protect his pieces as effectively as Naoki did and it was showing in their strategies. With his piece lost he knew that he had very little in the way of stopping this new piece right away, it would be a game of reacting all the time now with Naoki the advantage.

He had to get what few reliable pieces he had even if they were more of the tricky ones out and to the field moving his knight from a2 to c1. It was a far shot and not much of a move as Naoki wouldn't take the bait and lose such a precious piece.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:59 am
The the knight was moves out of the harm's way, so to speak. Naoki could still take the piece, but it would not be in his best interest as it would cost him more and would be overall stupid in this situation. It was a fair good insight to do that move actually, because Naoki would have taken the horse for free this turn if it was not moved. After spending a few moments of investigating some other ways he could take his approach, thinking of placing one of the captured pieces to support his position or bring in even more chaos, he would finally decide against it and proceed as planned. True, he would not get a free horse, but since this was shogi and not chess, the previous position of the horse was still unguarded, as the horses could only move forward were unable to return to their previous positions without promotion. And so Naoki would take his currently most powerful piece on the field, the Dragon King, to where the knight just stood, the A2 square. This did not accomplish much, other than shift the threat to where it was more painful. It was a building block, with it, depending on how Sanada is to respond, the Jounin will make the board explode in a couple turns.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum