Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Never Too LateToday at 2:24 pmAyato HyuugaParty Precautions [P.IO]Today at 11:46 amJinrokuHomecoming [Village Entry]Today at 11:23 amJupiterMeeting new Allies Today at 6:56 amKensei OnomoriTo Be With YouToday at 3:21 amYouta ShinkouFirst Mission for HyogagakureToday at 3:16 amHwan SinnsEp 15 A Day As A Professional BumToday at 2:40 amAzuki ShinodaHoist the Colours (TFK Missions)Today at 12:19 amKurai TauA-TRAINYesterday at 10:08 pmEnishiThe Secrets of Death [P]Yesterday at 8:52 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
60 Posts - 21%
55 Posts - 19%
37 Posts - 13%
33 Posts - 11%
26 Posts - 9%
19 Posts - 7%
16 Posts - 6%
15 Posts - 5%
15 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain
Stat Page : Stats
Genjutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 607500

Bloodline and Blade [Flashback] Empty Bloodline and Blade [Flashback]

Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:38 pm
The air in the arena of Hoshigakure felt as thick as the clouds that loomed ominously overhead, casting the grounds in a dim, cold light. The weight of the moment pressed upon the sparse crowd, a gathering of indifferent faces who had come to witness a match, not out of devotion but for lack of better distractions. They murmured with half-hearted curiosity that flits between disinterest and fleeting anticipation, eyes barely lifting from the dust-streaked ground. It was a dreary place for a spectacle, yet within that dullness, the fates of two shinobi stood poised to collide with all the brutal finality of destiny.

Natsuki Hyuuga stood on one side of the arena, the image of shinobi excellence draped in gleaming armor that seemed to catch what little light the day offered. The sheen of her gear, silver like the cold edge of a drawn blade, set her apart immediately. Her pale, Byakugan eyes—unblinking, all-seeing—seemed to strip away the veil of the world itself, leaving nothing hidden, nothing safe. The weight of her clan’s legacy hung upon her like a second skin, an aura of ancient power that demanded respect. She moved with a precision born of a natural gift and rigorous training, the sort that did not merely make a warrior but a weapon honed to perfection. In the few occupied corners of the stands, whispers passed between the onlookers—words of her medical brilliance, her martial dominance, tales of the legendary Hyuuga techniques that had carried her to the heights of shinobi mastery. Yet, there was no cheer, no roar of support, only the cold murmur of recognition for a woman whose skill was more feared than celebrated.

Opposite her, Akaboshi cut a starkly different figure. Where Natsuki’s armor gleamed, Akaboshi wore plain robes, their muted fabric blending into the arena’s earthen tones. While sharp and serviceable, his katana bore none of the elaborate craftsmanship that might have hinted at noble birth or wealth. No fanfare surrounded him, no tales of extraordinary lineage or innate talent. His eyes, once bright with the fire of ambition, now held something far more subdued—a quiet acceptance, almost sad, that spoke of a man who had faced not only enemies in the field but the constant, grinding weight of being overlooked. Akaboshi had been a mere courtesy nomination, an afterthought in the eyes of the old Kage, Yasaki, a shinobi who had risen not through dazzling feats or inherited brilliance but through the slow, steady path of perseverance. He had clawed his way up with an unremarkable, stubborn dedication that had made him less a shining star and more a fixture, enduring, unnoticed, yet always present.

The tension in the air deepened as Natsuki’s voice sliced through the hushed conversations like a knife's edge. “Akaboshi, this is where your path ends,” she declared, each word a cold, ruthless truth. “You’ve managed to rise as high as a regular shinobi might, but the next stage belongs to our Hoshi forces. I cannot allow you to progress any further.” There was no malice in her tone, only the serene certainty of one who has long since accepted the natural order of things—an order in which bloodlines and talent were everything, and those without them could go only so far. Her words were regal, final, like the pronouncement of a queen dismissing a courtier who had reached too far above his station.

Akaboshi, for his part, responded with the same quiet calm that had defined his career. “I am ready whenever you are, Natsuki-san.” His voice was steady, devoid of the nervous energy or defiance that might have come from a lesser man in such a moment. It was not bravery nor resignation—it was the voice of a man who had fought too many battles to be rattled by the certainty of his opponent’s superiority. The crowd stirred, their murmurs rising as the match began.

Natsuki moved like lightning, a blur of motion that defied the eye’s ability to track. Her polearm swung in a deadly arc, cutting through the air with a force that sent crates and debris scattering in its wake. The speed of her assault was staggering; each strike was a display of flawless technique and lethal intent. Akaboshi, to his credit, barely managed to dodge, his katana flashing in the dull light as it repeatedly met the edge of Natsuki’s weapon. But he was being pushed back, and each of her blows reminded them of the chasm between them—not just in skill but destiny.

Yet, even as he staggered beneath the onslaught, a smile touched Akaboshi’s lips, subtle but unmistakable. “I see you are not only talented,” he said between labored breaths, “but have worked tirelessly to hone your skills.” His words had no flattery, only the simple acknowledgment of a truth. Natsuki’s prowess was undeniable, but not talent alone had brought her here. She had earned her place with relentless effort.

Her expression hardened, her pale eyes narrowing. “Flattery will not save you. Someone of your standing cannot match me.” Her voice was as cold as her strikes, each word carrying the weight of inevitability. She did not need to remind him of the gulf between them—it was self-evident, as clear as the shining silver of her armor against his plain robes.

But Akaboshi’s smile did not fade. Instead, his stance shifted, subtle but deliberate, and the air around him seemed to change. “And yet,” he replied, his voice soft but unwavering, “I have already discerned the essence of your style.” His movements grew sharper, more precise, as he met her next strike with a strength that belied his earlier struggles. Natsuki was forced back for the first time, if only by a step.

The crowd, once indifferent, now leaned forward, their eyes wide with surprise. This was not how the match was supposed to go. Natsuki was the chosen, the gifted, the destined victor. And yet, here was Akaboshi—a man with no name, no bloodline of note—pushing her back.

Natsuki’s eyes flickered with something close to annoyance. “Is that the Sharingan?” she asked, her voice cold but curious. “I’ve heard whispers of your lineage.”

Akaboshi shook his head, the faint smile never leaving his lips. “No, Natsuki-san. I lack such gifts. No one has ever taught me anything. Everything I am, I created for myself.” His eyes met hers, and for the first time, there was something behind them—a fire that had long been hidden beneath his quiet demeanor. “I’ve learned to play the game of deception and skill. It’s the only way someone like me survives.”

With those words, he launched himself at her again, his katana moving quickly and precisely, which caught even Natsuki off guard. The clang of steel rang out through the arena, a discordant symphony of skill and defiance. 

The crowd initially muted in their interest, but it was now alight with a feverish curiosity, their murmurs rippling like waves through the stone and timber of the coliseum. Each clang of steel, each breath drawn in the heat of battle, seemed to resonate not just with the present but with a long history of blood and sacrifice. Shina leaned toward Yasha, her eyes wide with surprise, her voice barely a whisper over the noise. "You didn’t tell me he had that much skill," she said, her words tinged with awe and disbelief. Yasha, ever stoic, merely shrugged, his eyes never leaving the combatants. In his silence, there was a grudging respect.

Ayato, seated above the fray, watched with an expression that barely betrayed his thoughts, though a flicker of amusement tugged at the corners of his mouth. The battle below was not just a contest—it was a revelation. He glanced toward his companions, Toneri and Kokuto, their features carved from stone. Toneri’s eyes were cold, assessing, as if every movement in the arena were part of a grand calculation. Kokuto, by contrast, watched with narrowed eyes, his focus sharp, his thoughts hidden behind a mask of quiet observation. They, like Ayato, knew that what unfolded below was more than a simple duel. It was a reckoning.

Akaboshi, battered and bleeding but unyielding, found a fleeting moment to strike. His blade swiftly cut through the air, shattering Natsuki’s defense. The crowd gasped, their collective breath held as the strike seemed destined to end the battle. But Natsuki, standing amid the wreckage of her shattered armor, did not fall. Instead, her form was bathed in an ethereal glow, her wounds knitting themselves together before the astonished eyes of the onlookers. The Creation Rebirth technique, a gift of the Hyuuga’s medical mastery, worked its miracles, restoring her to full strength in mere moments.

Akaboshi’s gaze, a mixture of admiration and resignation, met hers. “You knew I couldn’t land a strike that would truly hurt you,” he said, his voice calm despite the toll the battle had taken. “And yet, you still fought me.” His words carried no bitterness, only the quiet understanding of a man who had learned his limits.

Natsuki’s expression softened, though her voice remained firm. "I am sorry, Akaboshi," she said, her tone laced with an apology she could not fully offer. "But I cannot afford to lose here, not to you." Her resolve crystallized as she unleashed a torrent of chakra, a colossal dragon with five heads of whirling wind rising from the ground at her command. The beast roared, its power shaking the very foundations of the arena. Spectators scrambled in their seats, their excitement now tinged with fear as they witnessed the raw, unchecked power of a Hyuuga unleashed.

Akaboshi, his breathing labored but his mind focused, took a deep breath. "So this is the strength of a Hyuuga," he muttered to himself, his voice steady even in the face of such overwhelming force. "Then I must go beyond." And with that, he called upon a power he had never dared to use before fully—Divine Presence, a technique whispered of in the oldest tomes, a remnant of a long-forgotten lineage, rumored to be his birthright. The air around him shimmered as the technique surged through his veins, heightening his reflexes and sharpening his senses to the point where time seemed to slow.

Now fully awake and alive with awe, the crowd watched as Akaboshi moved. His figure blurred, darting through the air with such speed and precision that Natsuki’s dragon, a creature of pure chakra, seemed to part before him like mist. Akaboshi sliced through the beast’s ethereal form with a single, fluid strike, dispersing it into nothingness. Before Natsuki could react, his blade found its mark.

Silence fell over the arena. For a moment, it seemed as though the world itself had stopped. Natsuki, the prodigy of the Hyuuga, stood frozen, her power dissipating into the air like smoke. Akaboshi, panting and worn, stood victorious over her, his expression one of quiet triumph. The crowd, once indifferent, now stared in stunned disbelief at the man who had defied not just a legacy but an entire way of thinking.

A whisper moved through the stands like wildfire. "There is no system in the ninja world that can categorize him," one voice said, echoing the sentiment gripping the arena. It was true—Akaboshi had shattered expectations, revealing not just skill but an indomitable will that refused to be defined by lineage or power alone.

As the dust settled and the echoes of the battle faded from the arena, Akaboshi stepped forward, his breath still heavy from the exertion, but his eyes softened with respect. He knelt beside Natsuki, who was slowly regaining her composure and extended a hand toward her. "It was a hard-fought battle, Natsuki-san," he said, his voice calm but warm with sincerity. "You fought with honor, and I have nothing but respect for your strength." His gesture was genuine, offering her both the hand of a warrior and the courtesy of a friend, hoping to lift her physically and with the dignity they both deserved.

Natsuki glanced up at Akaboshi, her Byakugan eyes still gleaming faintly with the remnants of her chakra. Pride flared in her gaze momentarily as if accepting help chafed against her warrior spirit. But then, the rigidness in her posture eased, and she gave a faint, appreciative nod. Slowly, she took his hand, allowing him to help her to her feet. "You surprised me, Akaboshi," she admitted, her voice low but steady. "Few can say they’ve pushed me this far." There was no bitterness in her words—only respect, tinged with the humility of someone who had fought and lost but without shame.

Ayato’s faint smile widened from his seat, a rare glimmer of pride flickering in his eyes. He glanced at Toneri and Kokuto, who exchanged a brief, almost imperceptible look. Once a stage for the powerful to showcase their dominance, the arena had transformed into something far more profound. This was not just a battle but a testament to the strength of the human spirit. Akaboshi, at that moment, had forged a path that would be remembered long after the arena's dust had settled, transcending bloodlines, tradition, and the rigid hierarchies of their world.

(WC: 2188)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum